Life... with only four letters in the alphabets, speaks volumes to many different individuals. As for us, life is what God has given and what we make out of it in obedience to Jesus Christ! So live life to the full... life is indeed exciting!

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Age old truth

Today, I saw a very humbling thing. As I was flying on my way to KL for a short business trip, there sitting on the aisle seat diagonally to me was an elderly lady, wearing a yellow t-shirt with greyed hair. She looked pretty normal until meal time (I didn't quite noticed her until then). Her son, who was beside her, started putting the napkin on her and later proceeded to feed her. She just stared blankly into space. She ate what was being fed to her. She drank what was being offered to her.

My heart was touched in two ways; firstly, her son's dedication to her (from his gentle actions, I can see that there is much love and compassion) and secondly, would I age to be like her?
Aging is inevitable; that's how God has designed us. It's an age old truth. We cannot tell how we will be like when we are 70, 80, 90 or beyond but one thing we can be sure about is that when we put our hope in Christ, we can look toward a better and perfect place, a place without pain, sorrow or sickness; heaven!

It's a challenge to live each day to the fullest amidst the busy-nes of life and yet be heavenward minded. A song that comes to mind that speaks of this is found in an album called "Run the earth and watch the sky" by Chris Rice. (I may post the lyrics here when I get back home.)

As I continued to watch the elderly lady, my mind wonders what she would be dreaming of. I'm thankful for my parents who are approaching 70 and yet still relatively healthy for their age. Both my dad and mum are enjoying their grand kids and the blessings of life that God has bestowed upon them. As they say, wisdom comes with age but love knows no end; not even death! I love you Pa and Ma.

- This blog entry is a tribute to my parents and all those wise and elderly people out there.-















My mum & dad (photo taken in Dec 2005)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
 








adopt your own virtual pet!


adopt your own virtual pet!



Click for Miri, Malaysia Forecast