Life... with only four letters in the alphabets, speaks volumes to many different individuals. As for us, life is what God has given and what we make out of it in obedience to Jesus Christ! So live life to the full... life is indeed exciting!

Sunday, February 12, 2006

Happy Chap Goh Meh

Happy Chap Goh Mei to all! This marks the end of the 15th day celebration of the CNY. Wishing you all a wonderful dinner tonight with your families.

So how am I celebrating it? I fell ill yesterday (due to "heaty" body) and went to see a chinese physician (no offense to our doctor readers out there but I do find that these physicians sometimes are better for treating "heaty" bodies.).

It was a typical scene, with drawers, containing the chinese magical cure (herbs actually), lining up on the wall of the counter. I managed to take a pic with my PDA and wanted to blog but was feeling too lousy to do it then. I waited for my turn and I can tell you the wait was agonising for me (even though it was only a short 10 mins wait) as my body was aching real bad.

















When my turn came, the chinese physician took my wrist and started feeling for the pulses and lo and behold, gave me a good diagnosis of what my body was going through! He suggested "kua sar" (a chinese back rub massage)! I have had such a massage before but I forgot how painful it can be! Now, those saying going to the dentist is a torture should try this back rub massages! It was so, so painful... I thought it lasted for an eternity but in actual fact, was only for 5 mins.

After the massage, I felt so much better! Some may say it was the pain that gave the body relief but I tend to disagree. I was given some "yellow" pills instead of the usually concoction of herbs to cook. This made eating the medicine easier. Believe me, drinking the cooked herb medicine is no fun... bitter like anything. I take it with the view that it will make my body better and indeed, these herbs do wonders to the body. But anyway, I do not have to take these cooked herbs this time. Only the pills.

I do feel so much better today although my nose is still stuffy and my rather severe sore throat is still there. Hence, I am at home now blogging and will go to bed soon. My family is having dinner at the Piasau Boat Club tonight with friends and family (originally planned earlier, so they had to go ahead with the dinner). Anyway, I'm glad that I will be hitting the bed soon... to fully rest my body before the start of a new week tomorrow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
 








adopt your own virtual pet!


adopt your own virtual pet!



Click for Miri, Malaysia Forecast