Life... with only four letters in the alphabets, speaks volumes to many different individuals. As for us, life is what God has given and what we make out of it in obedience to Jesus Christ! So live life to the full... life is indeed exciting!

Saturday, April 29, 2006

Two new visitors from way yonder...

I will blog about two new and recent visitors to our blog site; they are Helen and Mag. Both of them have things in common like both miss Sarawak food very much (kolo mee and Sarawak Laksa amongst the list) and both ladies are from Sarawak - Miri and Kuching respectively to be precise... hooray for Sarawakians!! (Don't know why I cheered but it's always good to be a Sarawakian!!) They were linked to my site via fh2o and Ramblings blog sites (many thanks Francis and Doc Chen).

The other common and yet different thing about them is that both are now living abroad, Helen is studying in Melbourne, Australia whilst Mag is training to be a nurse in Austin, Texas, USA (cowboy state!). So one's down there, the other is way, way, way on the other side of the globe... (sorry Mag, hope this does not increase your homesickness and make you miss our Sarawak Laksa even more! So now you can deduce who is the one who misses her kolo mee! :D).

Their blog is as interesting as their personalities (from what I gather so far from their blog entries and it is a good thing!) as their blogs are honest, personal views of life; be it abroad or that of Malaysia. Go pay them a visit and say "Hi" from the Yongs for me! So, I can only conclude that it is through the world of blogging that one can meet two new instant acquaintance so fast... they may be far away physically but in cyberspace reality, they are only a click away!

I have linked their blog sites to mine on the right hand side of my blog... so go visit them and drop a line or two! But don't ask me why they call themselves as PatientHelen and Indaiyoyo.
Perhaps if they read this blog, maybe they can tell us what their chosen cyberspace names mean.

6 Comments:

Blogger patienthelen^ said...

wow~ free advert! this is my first~ thanks! :D

about my nick.. patienthelen.. well, it used to be just PaTiEnT, not because I was sick but just trying to be patient I guess. Hoping that the nick would rub off on me. :)

Haha.. result of that? still working on the patience department :)

please do drop by my blog. i love home best, but melbourne is a pretty good place to stay for three quarters of the year. cheers~

8:13 PM, April 29, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Howdy! IndaiYoYo means YoYo's mommy. My eldest is Yohan and Yuri is the second one. The Ibans normally take the eldest name and instead of calling your name it is easier for the Ibans to call me that way. Why Yoyo instead of Yohan? I think Yoyo sounds cute ;)

5:57 AM, April 30, 2006

 
Blogger Doc said...

Interesting blogs!

1:19 PM, April 30, 2006

 
Blogger Chen said...

Yeah, we can get to know and meet up people via blogging :)
How cool :)

7:05 PM, May 03, 2006

 
Blogger Francis Ho said...

Isn't it amazing and wonderful how this all gets linked up!

I'd wondered how you stumbled on my site! ;)

9:51 AM, May 04, 2006

 
Blogger The Yongs said...

Helen & Mag,
Ah, so now we know how your nicknames came to be... you two are most unique!

Doc,
Indeed, they do have interesting perspectives... that's why I enjoy reading their blogs too!

Chen,
Yes, super cool! I guess I'm still new to this blogging world (only ~4 mths old) and there is always something new to learn everyday! Not to mention new acquaintances! :D

fh20,
Well, I got to your site via the famous Kenny Sia of course. Started out as the kayaking in Kuching blog entry you wrote and it was addiction thereafter! ha ha ha!

12:40 PM, May 04, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
 








adopt your own virtual pet!


adopt your own virtual pet!



Click for Miri, Malaysia Forecast