Life... with only four letters in the alphabets, speaks volumes to many different individuals. As for us, life is what God has given and what we make out of it in obedience to Jesus Christ! So live life to the full... life is indeed exciting!

Monday, April 10, 2006

"Fei Chi Tou"

I just came back from the barber (or should I say hair dresser as that is the more trendy term to use nowadays) and what I overheard really put a smile on my face.

Whilst I was having my regular hair cut at my regulat hair saloon, a teenager sat down next to me, ready for his haircut. So another hair dresser tended to him and asked how he wanted his hair cut. He replied, "Flat top but keep the front long!" Huh?

Then the hair dresser informed him that a flat top is maximum "tuan" (in mandarin that means short) to give it the "flat top" shape. But that young man was keen to get what he wanted and insisted to keep the front long.. or rather not too short. The hair dresser was adamant and said that he can do as he requested but he might end up looking like a 13 or 14 year old boy. Huh?

Anyway, the young man, who was later convinced that he didn't want to look like a young boy entering puberty when he walked out of the saloon, finally gave in and said, regular cut would do. Not convinced by his answer, the hair dresser asked him to describe again what it is that he wanted exactly done to his hair.

So there goes the poor soul describing his "dream hair style" again ... what came next shocked me, as the hair dresser said, "Oh u mean 'fei chi tou' (in mandarin that means aeroplane head) style!". Double "Huh?!"

I tried not to laugh but it was just so funny... By the time he started cutting the young man's hair, mine was done already. I was tempted to stay and see how it turned out but do to time, I left the saloon with a smile on my face. Oh, well, that was the most interesting conversation I've over heard at a hair saloon!

And if anyone out there can describe to me what a "fei chi tou" looks like, it would sure make my day! :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
 








adopt your own virtual pet!


adopt your own virtual pet!



Click for Miri, Malaysia Forecast